We wish to appoint a skilled, experienced and highly motivated Teaching Assistant to join our happy and dedicated team. The successful applicant would work within the Reception class delivering learning interventions and accelerated progress for children in literacy and maths as well as supporting new arrivals with limited English. You will also offer pastoral support as well as support PE lessons, put up attractive displays and complete administrative tasks for the class teacher.
We are looking for someone who:
– Has an excellent understanding of how children learn, having at least two years’ experience working as a teaching assistant in a school
– Understands how to differentiate the curriculum for children with special educational needs and pupils with limited English
– Has excellent English, Mathematics and ICT skills and is able to achieve Level 5 on the Year 6 SATs tests
– Has an NVQ3 or equivalent in the area of children’s learning
– Is able to work as part of a team
– Shows initiative and is a self-starter
– Has excellent communication skills
– Will be able to forge positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents
– Is well organised, enthusiastic and motivated
About the school
We can offer you:
– A hardworking and friendly team who are committed to promoting high achievement across the curriculum
– Delightful children who enjoy learning
– Parents who show a keen interest in the education of their children
– A commitment to support you in your own professional development
– The opportunity to work in a friendly, supportive school which is well resourced and over-subscribed.
How to apply
Please apply via the link: https://www.tes.com/jobs/employer/west-twyford-primary-school-1050601
Visits to the school are actively encouraged. Please contact the school office to make an appointment.
The school is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced
Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2.
Application forms to be submitted by Friday 16 February 2024.
The successful candidate would start as soon as possible.