John Chilton School is a special school judged as Good with Outstanding aspects (OFSTED November 2018) for pupils aged 4 to 19 years, with cognitive difficulties with or without a physical or medical need. Applications are invited from excellent teachers who have an interest in working with pupils with special needs; NQTs are welcome to apply.
John Chilton School is based across two sites and our KS2 provision is currently located within our new satellite site located in Greenford Middlesex. The successful applicant must be able to commit to working at both sites as required.
- Teaching and having a pastoral responsibility for a small group of pupils with moderate to severe learning difficulties, physical or medical needs or SEMH difficulties;
- Some experience of working with pupils with special educational needs
- Commitment to pupil learning and your own CPD
- High expectations and determination to raise standards
- Excellent communication and team work skills
- The ability to work closely with parents, outside agencies and the wider community.
- A fantastic school where everyone is valued
- The opportunity to develop skills and experience with personalised opportunities for continuing professional development
- Excellent facilities, resources and job satisfaction within a supportive environment
- Support from colleagues and a leadership team dedicated to success.
The school is committed to providing equal opportunities for all. Candidates are welcome to visit the school. Please contact Debbie Frailing, School Business Manager to arrange a suitable date and time. Interviews may be conducted in person, mindful of social distancing, or possibly by video call.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2
Closing date: Applications to be submitted to the school by noon on Thursday 13 May 2021
Interview date: Monday 24 May 2021
How to apply:
An application pack is available from the school website: www.john-chilton.ealing.sch.uk
Completed application forms to be returned to Debbie Frailing, School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org