Grade 6: 25,443 pa – £26,294 pa
32.5 Hours Per Week Term Time Only (39 Weeks)
1 Year Fixed Contract
To start January 2023:
About the school
John Chilton School is a successful school for pupils who have complex physical, medical and learning difficulties. We are innovative in our approach to educate pupils with a range of cognitive, physical and medical needs (4 to 19 years) in a unique environment. The school has two sites collocated within mainstream academies. The post holder will be expected to work across both sites.
We aim for our pupils to become confident, independent and motivated members of the community.
The job includes working closely with the teacher to assist in the planning, development and delivery of the curriculum; promoting active learning; organising and maintaining school equipment; supporting a positive learning environment for pupils and assisting pupils with their personal care.
We are looking for someone who:
- – Must have significant experience of working with children or adults with complex and profound additional needs;
- – Is hard working and committed to work across the age range;
- – Is numerate, literate and have a good command of spoken English so that you can support pupils in classrooms;
- – Has a good general standard of education, including English and Mathematics at A* to C or Functional Skills Level 2 Maths and English);
- – Is proficient in the use of relevant ICT equipment and packages including tablets, switches, Microsoft Office
- – Shows initiative and the ability to be spontaneous;
- – Understands that behaviour is a communication of need, and uses a positive behaviour approach
- Is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos and wider community of the school.
Visits are encouraged. Please contact Andrea Keogh to arrange at email@example.com
How to apply
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2.
Candidates who have lived or worked abroad may require an overseas police check and may be asked to provide a good conduct certificate. Further information can be found at www.gov.uk
Completed application forms to be submitted to the school by Tuesday 28 November 2023.