We are seeking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to support our busy SEND team. The main responsibilities of this role will include general clerical support including typing letters and reports, making appointments, greeting parents and pupils, and liaison with related parties. The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, be enthusiastic, and friendly. The ability to prioritise your own work load is essential. Further details are available on the job description and person specification attached. This post is for 20 hours per week, term time only. Usual working pattern will be four hours per day, mornings only although it may be necessary on occasions to be flexible.
- To perform wide and varied administrative tasks to support SEND across the school having due regard to policies, processes, confidentiality and safeguarding.
- To develop basic systems and processes to meet operational needs and to ensure the high quality of information held.
- To collate, input and assess a range of data required to update the SEN Records
- To develop and manage the SEN filing system (including emails, reports, record of telephone conversations), the archiving, retrieval and disposing of SEN information as appropriate.
- Deal with enquiries either by email, telephone or face-to-face, providing information in order to answer queries, referring complex enquiries to the appropriate staff.
6 To assist in updating provision plans.
7.Update the SEN Register and maintain other relevant records
- To train or allocate work to other support staff on a lower grade.
- To prepare SEND resources as directed by the SENCO.
- Assisting in preparing referrals and gathering evidence for referrals.
- Assist with timetabling for support staff.
- Undertake such duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading, as requested
- Experience of working in a school setting and working with pupils with SEND (desirable)
- Knowledge of SEND provision within a school setting and previous experience working with external agencies e.g. SALT, OT, EP (desirable)
- Experience of delivering SEND interventions and being familiar with SEND strategies used in schools (desirable).
- Appropriate experience in administration
- Proven track record of working with a team
- Excellent I.T. skills (Microsoft office, email, internet etc.)
- Willingness to learn new skills and acquire new areas of knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to prioritise work load
- Flexible working and ability to multi-task
- Uses own initiative
- Able to interact effectively with staff, parents, students and outside agencies
- Understanding and sensitive to others
- Keen to develop the role
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service
Closing date: application forms to be submitted to the school by 25 June 2021