Grade 6 £28,119 – £29,1333
35 hours per week, Monday to Friday 10:00am – 6:00pm (The needs of the school will require a flexible approach to shift work, including some work at weekends)
All year round
Annual leave entitlement: 24 – 30 days per year (dependent on length of service) plus 8 bank holidays and 3 ‘Ealing Days’
(Annual salary inclusive of London Weighting and Ealing Supplement)
Horsenden Primary School is seeking to appoint a Caretaker who has a positive and proactive approach to work and a commitment to providing excellent customer service to join our friendly team who are helping to create an exceptional place of learning.
About the school
Horsenden Primary School is a larger than average, four form entry school in the leafy Greenford area of the London Borough of Ealing, serving a diverse community. Our pupils have access to a range of fabulous facilities including an on-site swimming pool, dedicated music room, computer suite, practical room with cooking facilities, well-resourced book areas and libraries as well as a Multi-Use Games Area and three separate playgrounds. Our wonderful facilities allow us to deliver an inspiring and interactive curriculum.
The key responsibilities of this role will be to ensure the that the general maintenance, cleaning and security of the school site is upheld to an exceptionally high standard and the maintenance of the premises, both internally and externally, in a clean, safe and secure condition for all our stakeholders.
Our successful candidate will have previous caretaking experience, taking responsibility for the care and maintenance of the premises. You will be a key player in ensuring the high standards of compliance are maintained and that facilities are safe and fit for purpose. A knowledge of Health and Safety is essential to this role as well as being able to communicate effectively.
This is a unique opportunity to join our ambitious team and the successful candidate will participate in development and training opportunities as they arise.
- An experienced caretaker, working in a school or similar environment
- Highly organised, self-directed reliable and dependable
- Have a range of practical skills and be ready to use them to help maintain our site
- Able to work with and coordinate contractors ensuring that they work safely, to specification and timescales, holding them accountable with a high degree of independence
- Have proven IT ability with good numeracy and literacy skills
- Work to build positive relationships with our lettings customers and other stakeholders
What we will offer:
- Clear purpose. We are all here to make a real difference to pupils’ lives.
- An experienced leadership team focussed on school improvement and committed to professional development for all staff.
- A rewarding and dynamic job role making a real, lasting and positive impact on our school community.
- Competitive salary and access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Support and development through an effective appraisal system and regular feedback from monitoring.
- Leadership and Management CPD through a national apprenticeship programme is available for the right candidate.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and will be conducted in a safe and socially distanced manner. Please contact the school office to make an appointment firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Application forms and job descriptions can be downloaded from the school website www.horsenden.ealing.sch.uk/our-school/working-with-us. You can also contact the school to request further information by emailing email@example.com or telephone: (020) 8422 5985. Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2
Please note we do not accept CVs, and these will not be shortlisted.
The School will consider applications as they are received and may subsequently appoint to the role, therefore early applications are advised. We reserve the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
Application forms to be submitted to the school by noon on Monday 14 June 2021
Tuesday 15 June 2021
Friday 18 June 2021