Required from 1 September 2021 (possibly sooner)
Salary Range: Main Scale (Inner London). NQTs are welcome to apply for this post.
St Mary’s is a 1FE Church of England Free School that opened in September 2014. The school benefits from our own woodland and an outlook over open fields with horses to the back of the site. And yes, we are in the London Borough of Ealing! As a free school, we have the freedom to devise our own curriculum based on the National Curriculum, relevant to our school community.
The school was recently graded good by Ofsted and SIAMS. Ofsted noted:
- Staff praise the “unique” culture of the school where teachers and leaders collaborate regularly.
- Leaders encourage teachers to take appropriate risks and reflect on what works well in their classroom.
- Positive behaviour is reflected across the school.
- The school’s curriculum promotes positive values.
- Parent describe the school as “a breath of fresh air with committed staff”.
We will have classes from Reception to Year 6 from September and are seeking to appoint a new Reception teacher to teach our new intake. The post would be ideally suited to an NQT.
- An outstanding EYFS/KS1 practitioner.
- Someone who enjoys a challenge.
- Committed to attaining high standards for all pupils.
- A team player.
- Able to develop positive relationships with all members of the school community.
- Interested in further developing the school curriculum and the outdoor classroom to meet the needs of our children.
- Committed to your own personal professional development.
- Someone who will support the Christian values at the heart of our school.
The successful candidate will join a strong team of dedicated professionals to create an innovative school for the 21st century.
We can offer you:
- An exciting opportunity to be fully involved in the shaping of our dynamic school and its curriculum.
- Children who are motivated to learn and succeed.
- Professional Development opportunities within an exceptional educational setting.
- A “high specification” school with a unique outdoor learning environment, state of the art technology and resources set in attractive grounds in West London.
- A supportive school trust.
Please contact Jane Mutch, Headteacher on 020 3693 0510 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this exciting opportunity further or arrange a visit to the school.
For information about St Mary’s C of E Primary School, please go to the school’s website: https://www.stmarysschoolng.org/ or contact Jane Maqbool – School Administrator on 020 3693 0510.
The school only accepts applications on the given application form.
How to apply:
1. to Download all information in the Application Pack and form from the TES, LDBS, Ealing or please visit school website: Vacancies | St Mary’s C of E Primary Norwood Green (stmarysschoolng.org)
2. Complete the Application Form
3. Provide a supporting statement for your application describing how your experience has prepared you for the challenges of this position in a new school
4. On the interview day, you will be asked to sign your application form, provide confirmation of your qualifications, prove your identity and address and, where relevant, your right to work in the UK.
St Mary’s C of E Primary School Norwood Green Trust is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
As part of the school’s commitment to safeguarding, this post will be subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure. St Mary’s School is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2
Closing date: application forms and supporting statement to be submitted to Jane Maqbool school administrator electronically to email@example.com by midday Friday 21st May 2021
Shortlisting: those selected for interview will be notified
Interview date: week commencing Monday 24 May 2021
Further instructions about the interview day activities will be sent to those selected