5 days per week. 30 hours per week.
Required for September. To work with SEN child. One year contract.
The Governors of this successful and popular school wish to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic LSA to join our very dedicated, friendly and supportive team.
“The Catholic Life of the School is outstanding.” Section 48 Inspection June 2018.
“The school is a safe and welcoming place where pupils enjoy their learning.” Ofsted January 2022.
The candidate will:
- Work under the specific supervision, instruction and guidance of the class teacher to support the teaching and learning activities in the classroom
- Provide general support to the class teacher in the organisation and management of pupils and the classroom.
- Assist the teacher in creating and maintaining a purposeful, orderly and supportive learning environment
- Promote the inclusion of all pupils, ensuring they have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school
- Be under the specific supervision of the class teacher, to work with individuals and groups of pupils to deliver learning programmes
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities led by the teacher
- Assist with the general pastoral care of the pupils, including helping pupils who are unwell distressed or unsettled
- Assist the pupils with personal needs as appropriate
- Prepare and maintain basic classroom resources and equipment as directed by the class teacher and assist the pupils in their use
- Prepare the classroom as directed for lessons, ensuring that resources are available and cleared away at the end of the lesson as appropriate
- Provide regular feedback to teachers on pupils’ achievement and progress
- Provide feedback on pupils in relation to progress and achievement under guidance of the teacher. This may include feedback on pupil progress in meeting Individual Education Plan targets.
The successful candidates will:
- Be committed to our Catholic ethos
- Care about children’s learning
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills
- Work under the guidance of the Class teacher.
We can offer you:
- A warm and welcoming Catholic community
- A happy environment where everyone is valued
- Children who are polite, happy and motivated to learn
- Support for your own professional development
- Supportive governors and parents.
Applications forms and further details are available from the school. Application forms can also be downloaded from: http://catholiceducation.org.uk/recruitment-process/item/1000042-model-application-forms. Please note we do not accept CVs, and these will not be shortlisted.
The school is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. It has a clear commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 29th June 2022
Interview date: Wednesday 6th July 2022