Grade 7 £22,605 to £23,321 pa inclusive
28 hours per week
40 weeks, term-time only. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to negotiate their working pattern to incorporate up to 50% working from home.
Required: As soon as possible
We are seeking a part-time Finance Manager with strong financial, accountancy and systems credentials to join our Business Team in a well-established position. This role will be particularly suited to someone with previous financial management experience in a school.
About the school
Montpelier Primary School is a large, three form entry and over-subscribed outstanding school in Ealing, West London. We have been a National Support School since 2012 and until September 2021 also led as a National Teaching School. This allows us to offer particularly targeted robust and supportive CPD and mentoring opportunities for all our teaching and support staff.
The school has the most up to date technology in offices and classrooms and makes effective use of a range of online services to support our teaching and learning. We have strong IT and technical support for our systems and equipment. We engage external bursarial support to complement our operational and strategic financial compliance and planning.
- Was judged to be Outstanding in 2012
- Has a staff that is committed to the school ethos of BASICS (Belonging, Aspiration, Safety, Identity, Challenge, Success)
- Has a very supportive leadership team
- Is committed to continuing professional development
- Is highly popular and well-resourced
- Has pupils who thrive in a creative and challenging atmosphere
- Has parents and carers who are supportive and ambitious for their children.
The school has a supportive ethos and is focused on professional development for all staff members.
- Integrate into a committed and effective business team
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with pupils, staff and parents/carers
- Have experience of using technology to support their role or are keen to acquire these new skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You will support the School Business Manager, Headteacher and Governors with the financial management of Montpelier Primary School. Previous financial experience in a school or the public sector is essential. You must also have intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office packages, in particular Outlook, Word and Excel and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, analytical and communication skills. Previous experience of FMS will be essential in this role and the school also uses Tucasi Schools Cash Office on a daily basis.
You will have a sound knowledge of financial compliance, excellent communication skills, a high level of motivation and enthusiasm and the ability to integrate into and work effectively within a small and harmonious team.
About the Role
- Under the guidance of SBM, to be responsible for undertaking administrative, financial and organisational processes within the school.
- To assist the SBM and Headteacher in the financial planning and management of the school
- To be responsible for the efficient management of school finances and accounts and other responsibilities as determined in the job description by Senior Leaders.
How to apply
Application forms and job descriptions can be downloaded from the school website https://www.eteach.com/job/finance-manager-including-remote-working-1262069 You can also contact the school to request further information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 8997 5855.
The school is committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2
Please note we do not accept CVs, and these will not be shortlisted.
If you would like to request a visit to the school, please email the school office using email@example.com to arrange. The school reserves the right to meet and/or interview early applicants and to withdraw the advert at any time. Serious applicants should, therefore, submit their application at their earliest convenience.
Application forms to be submitted to the school by 11:59 AM om 31 August 2022.