Deputy Headteacher (With teaching commitment)
Required from: September 2021/January 2022
NOR: 210 plus Nursery
The Governing Body of St Anselm’s are looking to appoint an inspirational leader who is a committed practising Catholic, to continue the school’s vision and journey. We are a welcoming and happy community which includes our local parish church.
At St Anselm’s, each child is given every opportunity to develop their talents to the full and to discover how they can use their gifts for the good of society in a happy, well-ordered and caring environment. We believe that each child is made in the image and likeness of God and as such, really deserve the best life chances we can offer.
Our curriculum is designed to enable every child to be well-equipped to be active citizens in service to the world. We also provide a wide range of extra-curricular activities and strong pastoral support.
We are looking for a class based Deputy Headteacher who:
- Is an inspirational and outstanding class teacher.
- Is a practising Catholic and has a clear understanding of the distinctive nature of our school and a deep commitment to Catholic education.
- Can deputise in the Headteacher’s absence.
- Leads by example and has high expectations of attainment, progress and behaviour.
- Has excellent management and interpersonal skills and the ability to lead, challenge, develop and inspire others.
- Is creative, innovative and forward thinking, able to work strategically and collaboratively with the Headteacher, Senior Management Team and Governors.
- Sets targets through the confident analysis of data and plans rigorously from this to ensure that all children achieve their full potential.
- Forms positive relationships with all children, staff and parents – challenges, motivates and inspires.
We can offer you:
- A school with polite, enthusiastic children who are eager to learn.
- A friendly, welcoming school with hard-working and dedicated staff members.
- A warm welcome from parents and strong links with the parish community.
- A knowledgeable, supportive and pro-active Governing Body.
- A firm commitment to your ongoing professional development and well-being.
How to apply:
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit the school and meet the Headteacher, Dcn Tito Pereira. For an application pack and to arrange a visit please contact the School Business Manager (SBM), Mrs Susie Debono on: 020 8574 3906 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Application packs can also be downloaded from the school website www.stanselmscatholicprimaryschool.co.uk under ‘vacancies’. Completed application forms should be submitted to the Chair of Governors, c/o the school or to the SBM via email, marked for the attention of the Chair of Governors. Please note the school will only accept the Catholic Education Services Application Form.
St Anselm’s Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and nd expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) clearance check and the successful candidate will be required to sign a Catholic Education Service (CES) contract. References will be taken up for all shortlisted candidates prior to interview. Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-serviceguidance–2.