Scale 6 £23,097 pa – £23,930 pa
32.5 hours per week
39 weeks term-time only
Castlebar is an ‘Outstanding’ Special School for primary aged children with moderate to complex learning difficulties. We are very proud of our achievements, but more than anything we are very proud of the children we are privileged to work with.
We are looking for suitably qualified and experienced classroom support staff to join our outstanding school to start on 1st September 2021.
To be considered you will:
- Have at least 3 years experience of working with children who have special needs
- Have good written and verbal communications skills and be numerate (to be tested)
- Have achieved NVQ qualification (level 2-Sc4 or level 3 – Sc6 minimum) or its equivalent level
- Be able to work as a team, yet use your own initiative
- Be prepared to work with children who may have challenging behaviours.
Ideally candidates will also have:
- Developed skills in differentiated learning a multisensory techniques
- Developed skills and/or have training in structured teaching approaches e.g. TEACCH/SCERTs
- Developed skills and/or have training in motivational behaviour approaches
How to apply
The recruitment pack containing the Job description and personal specification is available for download from TES via a link on the school website http://www.castlebar.ealing.sch.uk/our-school/vacancies/
Please ensure that you read the Job Description and Person Specification so that you can establish that you meet the requirements for these posts. All applicants will be required to complete an application form (CVs will not be accepted). You should use the personal statement section of the application to show clear evidence of how you meet the essential requirements stated in the person specification. You should also use the personal statement to show your suitability for the post and what you will bring to the role.
We are committed to safer recruitment, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS). Further information can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/dbs-checking-service-guidance–2
Candidates who have lived or worked abroad may require an overseas police check and will be asked to provide a good conduct certificate
Closing date: Friday 14th May 2021
Interview date: Tuesday 25th May 2021 & Wednesday 26th May 2021.