Ealing Council ICT is expanding their corporate business intelligence and reporting capacity and a recruiting for an experienced warehousing and data management specialist. The department employs Business Objects and M/soft technologies as key platforms and is in the mid phase of deploying a master data management capability.
You must have have excellent reporting and data warehousing skills and will have the opportunity to train on leading Master Data Management and Microsoft analytical products.
You will have the following experience and qualifications.
Excellent proven experience in:
- Ability to maintain and develop complex data warehouses
- ETL techniques (using SSIS or similar tools)
- Handling multiple data sources and reconciling records across systems
- Writing complicated functions, procedures and call outs in T-SQL and Procedural T-SQL
- Visual Studio or similar development platforms
- SQL Server and SQL – Server Management Studio
- ORACLE SQL/PL-SQL and Oracle Developer or similar
- MS Data Quality Services (DQS) or similar
- Ability to build reports using dashboards, drill-downs and visualisation techniques
- Excellent communication, requirements gathering and business analysis skills
- Good functional and UAT testing skills
- Hands on usage of PowerBI and knowledge of Business Objects to PowerBI integration
- Master Data Management
- Project Management skills e.g. PRINCE2
- Azure warehousing and analytics
- Business Objects Series 3/4 administration and support facilities or similar
- BO universes or similar semantic layers
- Building reports in Webi or similar
A knowledge or background in local government business lines would be advantageous.
The candidate will be expected to advise and guide the enterprise data and reporting team and in this warehousing and large scale data management. This will include technical evaluations of emerging technologies, toolsets and techniques.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process.