To provide effective infrastructure and network support to the Senior ICT Infrastructure Engineer and ICT Infrastructure Manager.
What you will need:
- Demonstrable experience working in an infrastructure support environment
- Experience of working to deadlines
- Demonstrable PC & networking hardware skills and knowledge
- Experience of configuring and supporting ICT hardware (e.g. switches, routers, wireless access points, RJ45 cable patching, etc.)
- Network connectivity troubleshooting/support
- Full UK driving licence
- Proactively assist senior ICT Infrastructure Team colleagues to achieve customer/contractual milestones
- Working with the Senior ICT Infrastructure Engineer and ICT Infrastructure Manager in responding to a diverse variety of infrastructure and network related incidents and requests, ensuring a timely response
- Provide technical inputs/outputs as required by the ICT Infrastructure Team
- Build strong and trusting working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to ensure excellent outcomes
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal departments and external providers ensuring all incidents and requests are serviced effectively. Liaise with other technical and project teams as required
- To take ownership of any work assigned and be responsible for delivery
- Manage own workload and report back on progress / time spent to senior ICT Infrastructure Team colleagues
- Raising and managing requests/incidents with 3rd party vendors and partners
- Maintaining accurate configuration management records
- Contribute to ICT Infrastructure Team meetings when required, and be able to present issues, solutions, and ideas clearly and accurately.
This role is deemed customer facing and as such you must have a command of spoken English which is sufficient to enable you to effectively perform the role. This requirement relates to Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016.
This role is subject to Ealing Council’s enhanced vetting process.
Closing date: 01 December 2022