Ealing Council apprenticeship service currently have 3 exciting opportunities, for residents who are enthusiastic and highly motivated aged 16+ who live, or have studied at an Ealing school within the last 3 years.
We are looking for applicants who are interested in working in the public sector by making a difference and meeting the needs of a diverse community. Apprenticeships include training in a range of skills. As an apprentice, you will get to work at Ealing and will be expected to achieve an apprenticeship at level 2 or level 3.
Applicants need to apply by May 16, 2021 and we aim to have successful applicants begin their apprenticeship in July 2021 subject to successful pre-employment check clearance.
- Cultural education partnership (CEP) apprentice – level 3 business administration (Minimum Entry requirement; GCSE’s A-C, 4-9 including English and maths, proof will be required)
- Hanwell housing hub apprentice – level 3 business administration (Minimum Entry requirement; GCSE’s A-C, 4-9 including English and maths, proof will be required)
- Reablement customer service coordinator – level 2 customer service
Please note that recruitment to this role is in a number of stages and you will be notified at each stage of your progress.
Who can apply?
Please note the following eligibility criteria apply:
- You must be aged 16 years or over and no longer in year 11 at school
- Hold a British or European passport or have indefinite leave to remain in the UK
- You may apply with any level of qualifications up to and including A levels, but you CANNOT for Ealing Council apprenticeships if you have a degree.
- You cannot undertake an apprenticeship in the same skills area if you already have the equivalent level of qualification. For example, if you have a level 2 in business then you cannot apply for a business level 2 apprenticeship. However, you can apply to undertake an apprenticeship in a new skills area.
- You cannot apply if you have already undertaken an apprenticeship with Ealing Council.
- Under the rehabilitation of offender’s act 1974 you must disclose any spent or unspent convictions (see section 5 of the application form). There are some service areas that will not be able to consider applications where there are spent or unspent cautions or convictions. However, many of these apprenticeship placements can be considered, only if these are declared as part of your application.
Applicants must fulfil one of the following:
a) You are a resident of the London Borough of Ealing (proof of residency will be checked)
b) You currently attend a school in the London Borough of Ealing, or have valid GCSEs or equivalent obtained at an Ealing school within the past 3 years (certificates will be checked)
c) You currently attend a college in the London Borough of Ealing (college registration will be checked)
d) The London Borough of Ealing is your corporate parent.
If you have any questions you can contact the apprenticeship team on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for all applications: Sunday 16 May 2021
Screening workshop: Thursday 20 May 2021
Applicants put forward to the next stage:
Interviews and assessments begin: week commencing 24 May 2021
Apprenticeship starts: July 2021 (*subject to successful pre-employment check clearance)
How to apply
Please read these instructions carefully before starting your application.
- To apply you will need to complete the application form online. Ensuring that you complete all sections: Personal details, contact details of someone who can act as a referee for you, your employment and education history, and the supporting statement.
- To complete an application, you will need to register on the website by clicking Apply Online.
- Once registered, by logging into your account, you can return to and amend an application. Make sure you save any changes as you go along.
- It is advised that you save a copy of your application to your computer.
Please note: once you have submitted your application you will not be able to make any amendments to your application, and non-submitted applications will not be considered.
Role Profile – Reablement Customer Service Coordinator
Role Profile – Cultural Education Partnership
Role Profile – Hanwell Housing Hub